Monday, May 21, 2012

Loxahatchee Slough

The Loxahatchee Slough Natural Area is the largest and most biologically diverse natural area managed by Palm Beach County. It contains the historic headwaters of the Loxahatchee Wild and Scenic River and has nine native Florida ecosystems: mesic flatwoods, wet flatwoods, mesic hammock, hydric hammock, wet prairie, depression marsh, slough marsh, strand swamp, and dome swamp. - http://www.pbcgov.com/

I stopped by the Loxahatchee Slough for the first time yesterday evening. All I can say is wow, this place is beautiful! I did not even get into the slough, I was just on the outside during sunset. I will visit the place again as it needs more exploring and photographing! Here is an image I took from the canal bank. The sunlight was glowing through the trees and vegetation over this small canal flowing into the slough.

No comments:

Post a Comment